Friday, November 9, 2012

1 Timothy 6

1 Timothy 6:11 14

11 But you, Timothy, are a man of God; so run from all these evil things. Pursue righteousness and a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses. 13 And I charge you before God, who gives life to all, and before Christ Jesus, who gave a good testimony before Pontius Pilate, 14 that you obey this command without wavering. Then no one can find fault with you from now until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again.

So I am reading this morning and I get to this very simple command. "Obey without wavering" it is so simple yet at times so difficult to do. I talked to my brother yesterday for 40 minutes and we are all good. What I was beginning to see even before I spoke with him was that I was judging him. Also I was letting the negative thoughts in my mind make the situation worse. It never was as bad as I judged it to be. One of these days I will understand that I cause the majority of my pain

My armor gets chinks in it, but it is not what I allow in through the chinks but what I allow out. That would be my words and attitudes. That is what I need to work on. I don't want anyone to find fault with me. So I am a work in progress and that is okay. There will be days I can stand and look in the mirror and not find any faults and then there will be days that I do.

Be Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment