Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mad at God?

Oswald Chambers

If you are not living in touch with God, it is easy to blame Him or pass judgment on Him. You must go through the trial before you have any right to pronounce a verdict, because by going through the trial you learn to know God better. God is working in us to reach His highest goals until His purpose and our purpose become one.

James 1 2-4 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, for whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

I read this and as I think back, I wonder how many times I have blamed God for something or passed judgment on Him. When I think back at those times and remember what was going own ….. I was usually pretty far from God at that time. You know what I mean …… not spending time in the word, not praying Not doing anything that would help to cultivate my relationship with Him. I just want to blame him. That's all I want to do.

Now when I hear the phrase. "It is okay to be mad it God, He can take it, and He is a big God." Now it makes me wonder about what kind of relationship I really have with Him? Hmmm

Any takers?


 

Be blessed today!

1 comment:

  1. Yep. Got plum mad at Him on the fast. Sat in poop, thanks to the suggestive power of Sir Ron. And that's what it took for Him to break me. The still waters of Psalm 23 is where He restored me. Thx. Bryan

    ReplyDelete