Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oswald Chambers

the late Dr. D. James Kennedy - " Lord, give us the leader that we need, not the one we deserve. "

had to chew on that one and I am m still chewing. Below is todays devotion. I just thought I would share it with you.

Oswald chambers

We know that all things work together for good to those who love God . . . —Romans 8:28

The circumstances of a saint's life are ordained of God. In the life of a saint there is no such thing as chance. God by His providence brings you into circumstances that you can't understand at all, but the Spirit of God understands. God brings you to places, among people, and into certain conditions to accomplish a definite purpose through the intercession of the Spirit in you. Never put yourself in front of your circumstances and say, "I'm going to be my own providence here; I will watch this closely, or protect myself from that." All your circumstances are in the hand of God, and therefore you don't ever have to think they are unnatural or unique. Your part in intercessory prayer is not to agonize over how to intercede, but to use the everyday circumstances and people God puts around you by His providence to bring them before His throne, and to allow the Spirit in you the opportunity to intercede for them. In this way God is going to touch the whole world with His saints.

Am I making the Holy Spirit's work difficult by being vague and unsure, or by trying to do His work for Him? I must do the human side of intercession— utilizing the circumstances in which I find myself and the people who surround me. I must keep my conscious life as a sacred place for the Holy Spirit. Then as I lift different ones to God through prayer, the Holy Spirit intercedes for them.

Your intercessions can never be mine, and my intercessions can never be yours, ". . . but the Spirit Himself makes intercession" in each of our lives (Romans 8:26). And without that intercession, the lives of others would be left in poverty and in ruin.

2 comments:

  1. GLORY!GLORY TO THE MOST MERCIFUL ALL KNOWING GOD WHO RAIN DOWN HEAVEN UPON US ALL GOD BLESS BROTHER!
    Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, but the show must go on. I keep thinking that God must favor men like us highly. To be here for such a time as this. To lift the broken hearted, to fight with holy conviction and to be a light in this pitch black world. What an honor, to be chosen as a warrior for Christ in this time. We have to keep our eyes on Him and keep each other lifted in prayer. God, I pray for my my brothers. I pray that you would fill our hearts to the full with a holy fire. That our eyes would be opened fully and we would make ourselves righteous in your sight. I pray that we would be attuned to hear you voice and be led by Your hand victorious into battle. For you have created us for a time such as this. To be a light in this dark place. I pray oh Lord, that we would not choose to stand by and miss the calling You have place over us. I pray that we would lift each other up in prayer and thankfulness, and that you would have favor over us and every area of our lives. Father, please forgive us for our weaknesses and soften our hearts into repentance as we prepare for this battle you have placed before us. We love you Father and seek Your face. In Jesus Christ holy name. Amen.

    Cory

    ReplyDelete