Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Vote and pray

Philippians 4:6 Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition ([b]definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.7 And God's peace [shall be yours, that [c]tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall [d]garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

I must have opened my eyes at least five or six times last night thinking about this election. I would pray myself back to sleep. It was a very long night. I felt very anxious and of course this scripture kept coming to mind. Here is what I know, I cannot let this election influence the way I feel about the Lord. Everything goes through Him anyway so who am I? I was visiting with a friend yesterday and he made a very good point. This whole election process has been like one long trial.

What does scripture say about that?

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Here is what I know for me. If my guy wins, then I believe our country will be better off. If he does not then what will I do? I will continue to worship the Lord as much now as I did before. Maybe even more. This whole thing is in His hands not mine.

There are two things I can do.

Vote

Pray

I have done both

No comments:

Post a Comment