Sunday, March 7, 2010

Romans 6

It has been a while since I wrote something and it is not because I didn't want to. After men's group last Monday ….. I was on a spiritual high Tuesday. Wednesday it in a way came crashing down. I didn't look at anything but I did something related to looking at something. Which in turn opened a door? That door has been shut. I did however let it derail me for three days. Yesterday as I was working I was listening to my IPod. I have the bible on it but wasn't listening to it yet. What I was listening to was classic rock. After about 12 songs it went to the bible. It started in acts but I felt like I should listened to Romans 6 and that is where it begins.


 

Romans 6:17-23
But thanks be to God that though you were slaves of sin, you became obedient from the heart to that form of teaching to which you were committed,
I want to be obedient from the heart.

18 and having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness. 19 I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh. As I know oh so well, my flesh is very strong at times, but why? Once again …….CHOICE!

.For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity and to lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in sanctification. I am sanctified, I am set apart for His Glory. The Lord uses me and for that I am grateful.

20 For when you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness. 21 Therefore what benefit were you then deriving from the things of which you are now ashamed? For the outcome of those things is death. There was and there is no benefit just misery

22 But now having been freed from sin and enslaved to God, you derive your benefit, resulting in sanctification, and the outcome, eternal life. Life with benefits, You don't have to pay for these benefits and nobody can take them away. They are free to receive and free to give away. Spread the Gospel, lead people to Christ and plant seeds and watch them grow.


 

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.NASB95

No comments:

Post a Comment