Friday, March 19, 2010

Luke 14:25-34

Luke 14:25-34 (NASB95)
26 "If anyone comes to Me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be My disciple.

Hate is a strong word here, it is more like follow me and don't let anything get in the way. It would appear like hatred but actually it is devotion to Jesus. I myself tend to let things get in the way at times. Like my work or Wife or ….. Whatever it is that gets between me and Jesus
27 "Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple.
What is my cross?

28 "For which one of you, when he wants to build a tower, does not first sit down and calculate the cost to see if he has enough to complete it?
It seems every day I have to count the costs of my actions. I know that walking with Jesus is not easy. There are decisions that have to be made every day. It is something I enjoy, but it is hard. Can you relate?
33 "So then, none of you can be My disciple who does not give up all his own possessions.

Man oh Man this last passage is the one that speaks the most. Have I given up everything? EVERYTHING? Do I have any secret sins that I am holding on to? Am I controlling my money? What is the one thing that I am not willing to let go of. Am I afraid or are you afraid if you let that one thing go, that life will never be the same? It might not be, but when you and I chose to follow Jesus. We made a decision then, understanding ……………… that I our life would never be the same.

Be blessed today and walk it out

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for coming across my blog (http://sterlingandbob.blogspot.com/) and taking the time to post a comment. Those words you wrote meant a lot. It is these feeling that are taking over. I think that is why I feel lost. I prayed the scripture you sent Ephesians 3:14-19 and thank you again. I feel the Lord moving but is me getting in the way.
    Thanks
    Sterling

    ReplyDelete