Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1 Corinthians 9:1-2

1 Corinthians 9:1-2
Am I not free? Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are you not my work in the Lord? 2 If to others I am not an apostle, at least I am to you; for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.NASB95

Woke up at 4:30 just on fire for what the Lord has for me this morning and I was not disappointed. I read a couple of devotions, but it was Oswald Chambers that grabbed me today and sent me to 1 Corinthians 9.

Am I not free?
Yes I am

Am I not an apostle? Yes I am (1 a delegate, messenger, one sent forth with orders. )

Have I not seen Jesus our Lord?
Yes I have in many ways in different people and through some of my dearest friends.

Are you not my work in the Lord?
Always … constantly and forever.

If to others I am not an apostle, (that is okay because I don't need approval of man) at least I am to you; for you are the seal of my apostleship in the Lord.
Oswald Chambers writes "My worth to God in public is what I am in private .................. It is not the act of spiritual experience that leads to failure, but our lack of laboring to keep the ideal right

1 Corinthians 9:27
I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.NLT

The last thing I want to be is disqualified.

As I move forward in this walk and certain men have told me this …. I am a teacher. I carry a bigger responsibility and I will be held more accountable. As of late more and more men are calling me and looking to me for prayer and advice. It is a good place to be in. The enemy wants to tell me ….. If they really knew you they wouldn't call you. So now more than ever I need to be in prayer. If I have the responsibility of speaking into one man's life and Holy Spirit changes him. That is as powerful as speaking to 1000 men

James 3:1
Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.NLT

It has been a good morning

Kevin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment