Sunday, March 14, 2010

1 Corinthians 1.9

Yesterday was a hard day. I felt beat up all day and it was all my own doing. As Marc Owings would say, "the boomerang came back around and hit me" Sometimes I feel like I have absolutely no control over my actions and yet I know that is a lie. As I sat on the couch yesterday watching Robin Hood it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I just sobbed for about three minutes. It was very cleansing. Then I though, I have been here before.

I have been reading in a book called "Never Quit" by Edwin Louis Cole I just opened it up to chpt 9 a week ago. It says "We must be able to accept responsibility for failure before we are able to accept responsibility for success" So I have to ask myself, Have I accepted responsibility for my failures? Passing the test will purify us from previous failures. Hmmm I have read the above quote many times over the last week and thought about it. I am just not convinced.

This morning as I am eating my breakfast I hear 1 Corinthians 1.9. I actually thought I had conjured up that thought….. That I was grasping ….. Wanting to hear Him.

1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. NASB95


 

I read I realized it was Him.

Romans 8:30
and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.NASB95

1 comment:

  1. Just got back from Men's group and It rocked and I am back where I am suppose to be. thank you Jesus

    ReplyDelete