Tuesday, March 16, 2010

1 Samuel 17.47

1 Samuel 17:47
Then all this assembly shall know that the Lord does not save with sword and spear; for the battle is the Lord's, and He will give you into our hands."NKJV

There is nothing new under the sun …. Such a catchy phrase …… but it is scripture. Was reading about David and Goliath this morning? It got me thinking about this lust issue I have. I know it is a heart issue. I feel this morning that the reason I fail in this area is because of the choices I make but also because I choose NOT to rely on the Lord. I make the battle my own and I don't even realize I am doing it. I think I am giving it to the Lord but I don't.

Full surrender is full peace. If we are restless and concerned about things formerly renounced, we have not generally surrendered. Surrender is the source of true peace. If we are not at peace. It is because our surrender is not complete. This quote came out of a book I have read in for eight years and it resonates in my heart all of the time.

Hebrews 12:4
In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.NIV

When does it become that you are shedding your own blood?

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment