Thursday, February 11, 2010

Where to begin?

Isaiah 43:1
But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine! NASB95

It is always easy to lose focus and to take your eyes off the prize and then you get in the word and quickly you are reminded of who you are.

Isaiah 43:2
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, Nor will the flame burn you.NASB95

The trials …. He is there …….. everywhere ……….. when I am alone. There is that character thing again. Hmm. When I am not working …….. He is there

Isaiah 43:7
Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed, even whom I have made."NASB95

I have been created for His Glory. I have been created in his image. Why would I want to tarnish that? When you work for someone, why would you want to do anything that would tarnish the image of who you represent? We do it to the Lord though ….. dont we? There are many times that I just flat chose not to die to myself. I make that decision ….. not anyone else. We are talking about the computer here for me. What about you? What is the decision that you make that you know will tarnish His Image?

Romans 12:1-2
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship.

I can't help but wonder when you offer your bodies as a living sacrifice if this could be construed as a fast from wordly things?


 

Just some thoughts

Kevin


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment