Monday, February 8, 2010

1 Thessalonians 5.19-22

1 Thessalonians 5:19-22
Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil. NLT

Through past events of not working, not making money, doing everything possible to get work. (Advertising, calling previous customers and even when I am working not getting ahead.) I am thinking that maybe I should be working for someone. My dream has always been to be a Class "A" Golf Professional at a country club or semi private a course and then eventually own my own course. I went to college in California in the early nineties to be a golf Professional and that dream got smashed. Anyway, as I look back over the last 7 weeks and everything that has transpired over that time, conversations that I have had and where the men's group is headed that I co –lead. Coupled with the feeling of not serving on a Quest as much leads me to believe I am going a different direction in my career. In Amarillo, the golf opportunities were slim where here in the Metroplex they are endless.

So, I believe this is the direction the Holy Spirit is leading me. I feel that many of the words I have read over the last two weeks have been prophetic and even today. Stay away from every kind of evil. Today's scripture really spoke to me. So much is said in so few words

Thanks

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment