Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ephesians 2.8

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; NASB95

As I was reading in my Men of Integrity Devotion, It talked about "Why give Grace" I thought about myself and the grace that I don't extend my family. I mean the Lord extends me grace all of the time. As I have said before "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" So why is that so hard? My wife comes from a family that loved her when she was growing up …. My family did not. What I mean is ….. My parents neither one were very nurturing. That is the past and it is time to get past that part of my life. When it comes to Jacob and Kelly and I have not showed grace especially to Kelly. Jacob her son and I know this has been very hard for her. I have no doubt when Jacob moves out that my relationship with him will begin to improve. The big question is how much grace do you give someone before it is not grace anymore and it becomes enabling?

Went to a funeral yesterday and is was joyful and sad. I struggle with people when they say that he is in a better place and we will see him soon. That doesn't help me the way I feel now which sadness. I understand what they are saying I am just not there yet. I am finding that for myself I am not spending enough time with people (my dad and mom especially)

When I got home last night, I went t right to bed, it was late. Before I went to bed I read in a new book my wife received yesterday. "Comfort for the Wounded Spirit" I opened it up to the first chapter and this is what the first four lines said.

Luke 4:18
The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity],AMP

That is exactly what I read yesterday morning in Isaiah. Hmmm you think the Lord is trying to tell me something? (Twice in the same day?) I have been thinking about going down to Union Gospel Mission. They are needing people to speak. (C. Oakes told me about this)I want to do it but at the same time it scares me. I heard a couple of Sunday's ago that the Lord will give you what you need, but first he will give you the desire, the desire that you have not had before. I feel that he is telling me that I have it and he will supply the words when it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment