Friday, February 12, 2010

1 John

I have been reading in my devotion this week from Men of Integrity. This week has been about marriage and it has been good. Here is the link http://www.christianitytoday.com/moi/

It has been a very good read this week. Today I was taken to 1 John …… so as I am reading I almost make it through the second chpt and then Rhema arrives in 1 John 2.20

1 John 2:20-21
But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and you know all things. I have not written to you because you do not know the truth, but because you know it, and that no lie is of the truth. NKJV

1 John 2:20-21
But you belong. The Holy One anointed you, and you all know it. I haven't been writing this to tell you something you don't know, but to confirm the truth you do know, and to remind you that the truth doesn't breed lies. The Message

Holy Spirit says "You know who you are, now you need to walk and believe in who I say you are." I can't tell you how many times I have read this. When I think of how many of us don't walk in who he says we are. We don't want to believe the truth.. My name is Kevin and the Spirit of the Lord is upon me and I have been anointed to preach and heal and to set the captives free. So I have all of this going on in my head and then I get to verse 27

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him.NKJV

1 John 2:27
But they're no match for what is embedded deeply within you—Christ's anointing, no less! You don't need any of their so-called teaching. Christ's anointing teaches you the truth on everything you need to know about yourself and him, uncontaminated by a single lie. Live deeply in what you were taught. The Message

I am looking for a verse and this just leaped off the page at me was not prepared for this one but it is the truth.

Isaiah 11:2
The Spirit of the Lord will rest on Him, The spirit of wisdom and understanding, The spirit of counsel and strength, The spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord. NASB95


 

So I read all of this and think about how many times I (and we as men) seek advice and counsel from other men instead of the Holy Spirit who guides and instructs in all things.. I know for myself that I like asking godly men what they think because I know I will hear a real voice, something that is tangible. Where I should be going is to the Holy Spirit and have that faith in things that are unseen. No unbelief

The word this morning for me is believe in who I am and walk in that.

The Fear of the Lord and His anointing on me.


 

Thank you Lord!

Thank you for the Awesome Snow!


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment