Saturday, November 17, 2012

Did you go to bed angry?

Ephesians 4:26 And "don't sin by letting anger control you."* Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 for anger gives a foothold to the devil.

I wrote the other day about being "Mad a God" I think being mad at God is like being mad at anyone. Does not matter if it is your spouse or the person that cuts you off on the road? It is about what you do with it. You have a choice to stay mad or not. It is like so many other things in this walk with the Lord. CHOICE, you choose to go to bed angry at God or your spouse. Have you ever noticed that when you go to bed angry that you will toss and turn all night or not even go to sleep at all? Sometimes I think that is when we hear God the most and we choose not to listen. You lying in bed and you hear from the Lord "just say you're sorry and ask for forgiveness" You are laying there thinking "I'm not saying that, it was not my fault!" Now you're mad at the Lord too! You are laying there and soon you become the judge.

I have done all three, gone to bed mad at my Kelly, lying there and then Hear God and choose to be prideful and toss and turn all night. Knowing all I have to do to get a good night's sleep is to say I am sorry.

Why do we do that?

Disclaimer: I did not fight with my Kelly last night.

So here is my question: Did you go to bed angry last night?

Ephesians 4:26 And "don't sin by letting anger control you."* Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 for anger gives a foothold to the devil.

No comments:

Post a Comment