Sunday, July 22, 2012


This is from what I wrote on Dec.  11th 2011

If you don’t change ……… then nothing changes.       I have written about this before, so I am writing again about it. I am 50 lbs. over weight.  I have chosen not to do anything about it!   My eating habits are horrible and I have no discipline in these areas of my life.  I am not complaining, because that will not accomplish anything, it is really about the first line in this paragraph.     I just need to get off my butt!  I guess it is just not bad enough yet.            If I don’t change………. Then nothing changes.                 That goes for every area of my life.    Scripture says your body is a temple,   1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own,   20  You were bought with a price [purchased with preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body. [1] This is my Goliath!  Sometimes I feel this is how my life is supposed to be.  Well that is a lie strait from the enemy and I refuse to believe that.  If I don’t do something then in a couple of months I will weigh more..

 I am here to tell you that I did not change.  I continued to stuff my face, gorge whatever you want to call it.  I continued to put on the weight 11 more pounds.  ON February 12th 2012 I stepped on the scales and weighed 268lbs.  That is the most I have every weighed in my entire life!  Something inside of me just snapped.  I am here to tell you that today I stepped on the scales and I weigh 217.8 lbs.  Thank you Jesus!

What I have learned is I started to get this hopeless attitude about my weight and I have found that I can have this attitude about other areas of my life where I struggle.  So once again it is all about choice.  I became overweight because I like to eat and I would eat even when I was not hungry or continue to eat when I was full.  That was my choice and the devil didn’t make me do it.

I changed …. Then I changed1   How did I do it?  I stopped eating fast food completely and I stopped drinking Dr Pepper.  I take my lunch everyday.  Even when I am home  I lay out what I am going to eat and stick to it.  I stopped eating bread and I drink over 100 ounces of water everyday.  so be encouraged that you to  can lose the weight if you need to.  It is not a special diet. 
It Is Choice!!!

Be blessed today!




No comments:

Post a Comment