Tuesday, July 24, 2012


Matthew 5:46 If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. 47 If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. 48 But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. 

When I came to the statement “If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else?”  My first thought?  Am I really that much different?  The enemy wants to say you are not any different, but I say I am.  So when I take this attitude with sales people on the phone or curse the person who pulls out in front of me, it sure is not being very loving. How about this,  you are loving towards everyone, but when you are home you are not.   That is a part of me that I do not like.  I heard a statement the other day that I have been chewing on ever since I heard it.

“you are not a sinner saved by grace, but a Son who is to live redeemed”

So what does it look like to live redeemed?  I think that fruit looks like being kind to everyone, even those who persecute you.  Walking in forgiveness and not holding an offense with anyone.  Learning to love people right where they are and  not where we want them.

Not just being a Christian, but being a follower of Jesus.

So …… are you different or just like everyone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment