Friday, July 20, 2012


Colossians 3:12-17
So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you. Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God. Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.NASB95

I read this and I see Humility … actually I see lots of things for me.  As I reflect on everything that the Lord has put out this week on unforgiveness, bitterness walking in offense.  I find the biggest thing I struggle with is taking on an offense for someone who has been hurt by someone else.  One of my friends had something happen at her job last week.  I am thinking,  how dare he treat her that way?  I find myself right now,   when I hear his name I get angry because of what he did to my friend.  I saw a comment on my wife's face book by this person last night and found myself having utter disdain for him.  I find myself not ever giving to his ministry again!  
Really?????? 
Do you ever have one of the moments where you just sit there and know that the Lord has just got your attention.  I hear "You have been writting all week and it took until this morning for you to hear me?"   Right now it just hit me and I am broken because of my judgment and anger towards this man.  A man who has absolute ministered to me over the years.  Yep a man who is flawed just like me.  Who died and made me JUDGE?

Okay I just got my cage rattle this morning….. diidn’t see that one coming.  I have to say that sometimes I feel the Lord is sneaky, but it is always good.

Lord I repent for the anger, bitterness, unforgivneness and for being the judge. Please forgive me.

I pray favor over M… for his ministry and for his family in Jesus name

PS My friends wife is still in a coma please pray for her

No comments:

Post a Comment