Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Today this scripture

And He began to say to them, "Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing."

What exactly does that mean to you? I have read this many times before but never noticed it. It comes after one of the most powerfull scriptures in the new testament.


18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."

I like to read it like this. My name is Kevin and the Spirit of the Lord is upon me Because He has anointed Kevin To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Kevin to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; 19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord."

It is my belief that this scripture speaks to all of us not just me. Not because it is what I believe but because it is what Jesus said "Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing." I say read this passage and put your name in place of mine, but not just to hear your name but believe it when you say it.


 

Here is what Jesus says later in Luke 10:19
Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.NKJV

So you are anointed and you can trample


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment