Sunday, May 8, 2011

2 Peter 1.5

2 Peter 1:5

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, ……………………….NKJV this whole passage goes on and on. Verse 10 says ………….. If you do these things you will never stumble! Cut and dry! I am reading May 10th in Oswald. (As usual wrong day) It cause me to pause a moment and think about all of the things that I ask the Lord to do in my prayers. Things that I am responsible for, not Him. The Lord does not give me character; I do that by the choices I make. He does not give me good habits or bad, I do that by the choices I make. The scripture above says "ADD" I am walking in freedom because of the choice I made on March 14. So many times we ask the Lord to do things for us, when we should be doing ourselves. Are you asking the Lord to do something for you when really it is you that needs to do it? I have been asking the Lord about my eating and exercising. He is not going to change my eating o exercising habits.

You know how the prayer goes Lord I pray for discipline in my eating and give me the desire to workout. Change your eating habits and get your butt to the gym! (that goes for me) Or how about this one. Lord I am praying for work. I need to support my family. Then you sit around waiting for the Lord to bring that job to your doorstep. I don't think that is how it works. Sometimes you just have to do what needs to be done and trust. You will know if what you are doing is not the Lord. The lord is my protector, but I still have to lock my windows at night. The Lord is my provider, but I still have to work. The Lord is my healer, but I still have to go to the doctor. The Lord is my Rock, but I still have to make the right choice!

5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue  knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control 4perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither 5barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble; 11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment