Monday, May 2, 2011

Psalm 94.19

Psalm 94.19  When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. NLT

Started reading in Psalm 91 …… always a good psalm to read…. One of my favorite. So I kept on reading and then I got to 94.19 and when I read it I hear "you never seek me for comfort, You don't get quiet anymore and just listen." "you pray and read and write" Some of my best times with the Lord come when I just close my mouth, close my bible and just listen. Just crawl up in His lap and just listen. It is so hard sometimes to just get quiet and it is so important. Maybe your next quiet time needs to be listening instead of reading and praying. Or better yet listening and then praying.

When I was upset and beside myself, You calmed me down and cheered me up. Msg

When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul. NASB95

In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul! AMP

In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul. NKJV

Which version speaks to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment