Friday, April 29, 2011

Your Fruit

7 "Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7

I am reading this morning and I skipped right over this and read the whole chapter. When I get to the end verse 20 it says Matthew 20 Yes, just as you can identify a tree by its fruit, so you can identify people by their actions. It made me think back to verse 7 and 8. I thought if I am not doing the things that 7 and 8 are saying then what kind of fruit am I producing?

So here is my question, have you quit asking? Have quit receiving? Have you quit knocking? How is that working for you? God says draw near to me and I will draw near to you. That is a promise! If things aren't going YOUR way then maybe it is time to do something else! What kind of fruit are you producing? I think you should stop right now and ask, Lord, do people want to eat my fruit or is my fruit bad?

Today, my fruit is good; Seven weeks ago it was not. "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment