Thursday, January 27, 2011

Galatians 5

Galatians 5:13

For you, brethren, were [indeed] called to freedom; only [do not let your] freedom be an incentive to your flesh and an opportunity or excuse [for selfishness], but through love you should serve one another. AMP

Strong's: 1 a place from which a movement or attack is made, a base of operations.

Galatians 5:13

It is absolutely clear that God has called you to a free life. Just make sure that you don't use this freedom as an excuse to do whatever you want to do and destroy your freedom. Rather, use your freedom to serve one another in love; that's how freedom grows. The Message

I can't help but wonder how many times I have destroyed my freedom by not listening to the whisper of the Lord. It is one thing to serve, but it is completely different if you are serving out of Love and not obligation. There have been many times I have used my freedom as an excuse for sinning because I know I am forgiven. If I understand what it is saying about opportunity … when I do this then I have opened up base camp in my heart for the attacks to come …. Or better yet my selfishness, judgment or whatever trips my / your trigger My Flesh!

It is a good day today and I am free

No comments:

Post a Comment