Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Always be ready

Always be ready! Are you? Are you ready for that one person who comes up to you and says "can you tell me exactly what it means to be a Christian and how I can become one?"
1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, NIV

Personally, I have never had anyone ask me that specific question before, but you know he is out there. I would hate for someone to ask me that question and then I do my best job at explaining what I know and then they said they had to go and then they looked at me and said "Oh well, thanks for trying" that would be a sickening feeling. So my question is Are you ready for that question? Are you prepared? That person is coming.

1 Peter 3:15 through thick and thin, keep your hearts at attention, in adoration before Christ, your Master. Be ready to speak up and tell anyone who asks why you're living the way you are, and always with the utmost courtesy.The Message
I think there are a few things we can do to prepare for this time. First, know your story and be able to share it in 3 to 5 minutes. Speak the truth in love and show compassion. I think it would be good for your relationship with the Lord to be in a good place, People can tell if you are approachable. Speaking on your relationship with the One. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best. Where are you today? I can say for myself that I am a 7 today. I have been better and I have been worse. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment