Saturday, December 25, 2010

Luke 2.11

Christ has come and this is a day to rejoice! Luke 2:11 for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.NASB95

Could you just for a moment imagine opening up your bible to find the last book in it was Malachi. No hope, no comfort and no salvation. Thank you Jesus that you are there in the world's most famous journal. As I reflect on the last few days. It has been tough post surgery. I have tried to stay focused on the prize and I would like to say the pain was too much. Then I have to think about what Jesus went through on the cross. My pain is nothing compared to what he went through. Here is what the message says... Hebrews 12:3-5 When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls! In this all-out match against sin, others have suffered far worse than you, to say nothing of what Jesus went through—all that bloodshed! So don't feel sorry for yourselves. The Message
I am very grateful, but it would be easy to feel sorry for myself. When I think about the five inch gash and the three in gash in my gut it pales in comparison to Jesus on the whipping post. To think, I have pain meds, Jesus did not.

I am supposed to go to Waco today, but I don't want to, because I hurt. So I have a choice, I can hurt at home or hurt there. Either way I am going to hurt. So I am going to Waco. I want to thank everyone for calling and checking up on me it has been overwhelming. I wish everyone A Merry and Joyful Christmas and a prosperous 2011.

Smile today they are contagious

Nehemiah 8:10
Then he said to them, "Go, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to him who has nothing prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not be grieved, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."NASB95


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment