Monday, February 1, 2010

Black and White

I have started reading the book "The Fear of the Lord" by John Bevere. One of the things that really struck me this morning was what he said about our unspoken words. "There is a black and white for others, but it is gray for me. It's wrong for others because it doesn't affect me, but I'm exempt if obeying makes my life uncomfortable. Another slap in the face to me. The black and white is me being Judgmental of people. Me seeing things that other people need to do to better their lives but I am not willing to do it myself. Telling someone "This is what you need to do to Honor your Wife, but I am not willing to do that myself. Pathetic …. That is what that is. I have been so guilty of Ministering to Men and in the same breath, knowing I am not doing what I am telling them to. I guess that would be Pride as well …… SUCK! My way is good enough for you but not good enough for me. It is very HARD to serve a God in the image that I have made Him into.

Isaiah 29:13-14
The Master said: "These people make a big show of saying the right thing, but their hearts aren't in it. Because they act like they're worshiping me but don't mean it, I'm going to step in and shock them awake, astonish them, stand them on their ears. The wise ones who had it all figured out will be exposed as fools. The smart people who thought they knew everything will turn out to know nothing." The Message

Romans 1:20-23
By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can't see: eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his divine being. So nobody has a good excuse. What happened was this: People knew God perfectly well, but when they didn't treat him like God, refusing to worship him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion so that there was neither sense nor direction left in their lives. They pretended to know it all, but were illiterate regarding life. They traded the glory of God who holds the whole world in his hands for cheap figurines you can buy at any roadside stand. The Message

The Golden Café is a good example. They made an Idol and still referred to it as God, which in turn reduced the greatness of Him to an image they were familiar with.

I wonder ……. What is my golden café ……. Could I be putting more emphasis on the ministry of men than focusing on the Lord Himself? What I mean is …….. Could I be losing site of the big picture. Which is the Lord. Here is what I know …….. Right now I am very conscious of ministry to men and what the Lord wants. It is so easy though to lose that focus and then my wife suffers. I try to stay focused on hearing the Lord when it comes to Kelly and what her needs are and when to pray for her and not come across as a butt. Which is something I do so well ….. Sometimes


 

For me right now, I need to get to where I am in Awe of the Lord and His greatness and Holiness


 

Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord God Almighty; the whole Earth is filled with His glory


 

No comments:

Post a Comment