Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day Two of my Fast

.

Right now I don't know how long the fast will be. I am looking forward to it. As I am spending time with the Lord this morning it becomes evident the Fear of the Lord is a reoccurring theme right now. I have been reading in the Beth Moore book "Praying God's Word" Very good book. The first chapter is about Idolatry. This is something that I have struggled with in the past. That Idolatry can come any many forms. Lust has been idolatry for me. Lust came come in many forms. Food, Women, money, work, affirmation from man anything that you put before God is Idolatry.


 

Isaiah 43:10-12
"You are My witnesses," says the Lord, "And My servant whom I have chosen, That you may know and believe Me, And understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, Nor shall there be after Me. I, even I, am the Lord, and besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses," Says the Lord, "that I am God.

Malachi 4:2
But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise With healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves.

Psalm 31:19
Oh, how great is Your goodness, Which You have laid up for those who fear You, Which You have prepared for those who trust in You In the presence of the sons of men! NKJV


 

So, what is my fast about? It is about hearing the Lord. Last year I fasted for forty days and it was incredible. I heard the Lord every day and walked in victory. Now I have back slided some what and have gotten back into so old eating habits and thought patterns. Things will change and I am looking forward to it.


 

Also at this time I have been reading "The Power of a Praying Husband" Great read ….. second time through. Highly recommend it. I try to pray for my wife everyday over her and for her especially for Her protection.


 

Be Blessed

Kevin


 

No comments:

Post a Comment