Friday, January 29, 2010

Day three of my Fast


 


 

I have to admit, I am very hungry. I have been in the word off and on since 7:00 this morning and it is now 9:30 am. The weather is Nasty outside, but I like it. It has been good this morning. I sense a level of excitement about this time of fasting and prayer. Right now only two people now I am fasting. I am not sure who or if I will tell anyone. It is not about who knows it is about what is done in secret so the Lord will reward you in the open Matthew 6.18

One of the passages I read this morning that struck me was out of Psalm 66

Psalm 66:16-20
Come and hear, all you who fear God, And I will declare what He has done for my soul. I cried to Him with my mouth, And He was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, The Lord will not hear. But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer, Nor His mercy from me! NKJV

Stay fessed up with the Lord! I walk in freedom because of this. Scripture says in 1 John 1:9
if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
NKJV

You are only as sick as your secrets

James 5:16
Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.NIV

This is where the Freedom comes from. Confessing not only to the Lord but also to your fellow brother.

Get it out in the open, into the light.

Just because you are saved doesn't mean you are free


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment