Friday, September 8, 2017

I have been reading in a book called "unoffendable” so far it's been a really good read. The title could also be “do you walk in judgment of others or yourself?” This is an area of my life that I have often struggled with. And what I mean is getting offended which in away translates to walking in judgment of anyone or myself.  

Romans 4:17
(as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did;

God sees a person and he loves them. He sees their future. But we or I see that same person and maybe I get offended or I judge their actions and I don't love them the way God loves them or sees them. 

We all know that Jesus did not get offended but he had many opportunities to be offended. I know for myself most of the times when I'm either walking in judgment or being offended I'm usually by myself where nobody can see my actions or hear my words. Except of course the one who does Judge. There is an example in this book that really stirred my heart. The author is speaking about the Book of John chapter 13. We all know it. 

 John 13:38
Jesus answered him, “Will you lay down your life for My sake? Most assuredly, I say to you, the rooster shall not crow till you have denied Me three times

. Immediately following that verse Jesus says  

John 14.1-2
​ “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Even though Jesus knew Peter was going to deny Him.  He said “don’t let your heart be troubled!
Jesus was already looking down the road. 

I see for the most part my biggest problem is........ I choose to not see people the way God sees them.  And that is a problem. Once again, it's all about choice. God sees every individual as his child. I would imagine that my heart would be in such a much better place if I looked at every single person the same way God sees him. God sees their future I don't.   God sees their heart I don't. When I run into someone and they give me attitude I have a choice.   I can love them for who they are and for the way God sees them or I can make a choice and walk in judgement or be offended.

A very close friend of mine told me the other day that it is easier for me to love someone that I don't know than it is to love somebody that is close to me.
You would think that would be the opposite but the truth is we need to love everybody the same and walk with an unoffendable spirit. There is a lot of wasted energy that gets used up by being offended or walking in judgement. I for one am tired of it and we'll make a change


No comments:

Post a Comment