Thursday, May 30, 2013

He did evil

He did evil


2 Chronicles 12:14 He did evil because he had not set his heart on seeking the Lord.

I had to pause when I got to this scripture.  All kinds of things ran through my mind.  It is a choice.  I would like to think that I set my heart on seeking the Lord.  There are days when I make bad choices.  The majority of the days are good choices.  Yesterday was a good choice.

Galatians 6:7 do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8 Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

Yesterday afternoon I was in a battle and I had to make a choice.  My choice was to seek the heart of the Lord.  And that heart was in a phone call and a text message for prayer.  Within one minute I had received 6 text messages and one phone call and got instant peace.

I made the right choice.  I did not do evil because I had set my heart on seeking the Lord.


I say “YES” today

1 comment:

  1. Well done. Thank you for saying yes. That is an encouragement to me. Today my verse on my calender is Isaiah 43:2 When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flames scorch you. Good news! He was with you yesterday and He is with you today. What will my answer be today? Be blessed.
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete