Saturday, February 16, 2013

Life or Death


 

Proverbs 18:20 Words satisfy the mind as much as fruit does the stomach; good talk is as gratifying as a good harvest. 21 Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit—you choose. MSG

Often times I wonder do we fuel our own unforgiveness by the words we speak over that person and by the words we speak over ourselves? Case in point. How can I forgive the man, he is married to my ex-wife? Look at the pain he has caused in my life. I will never recover from this! He has ruined our children. If am I constantly calling him names. He is Worthless, look what that A#@#$#$#@ did to me, He is going to get what is coming to him, I hope he dies, I think you get the point. Our words give life or death. It is your choice on what happens. What does James say (any one read James lately?) Do you curse your boss? (You wonder why you don't get a raise) What about the coworker that is lost? Are you Jesus with skin on? Or are you an ASS! It is all about choice. Do you want them to know Jesus or are your actions denying them?

James 3:5-6 it only takes a spark, remember, to set off a forest fire. A careless or wrongly placed word out of your mouth can do that. By our speech we can ruin the world, turn harmony to chaos, throw mud on a reputation, send the whole world up in smoke and go up in smoke with it, smoke right from the pit of hell.

I leave you with this. Over the last few days as you have spoken to others or spoken about others what did you say? What did they hear from you? You either pierced their hearts with poisoned tip arrows or gave them life giving words.

You want to forgive someone? Then I believe you have to start with the words you speak over or about them.

You have to think about the agreements that you are making. Who are you agreeing with? Jesus or the enemy.

My father of my grandson has had some problems but I refuse to speak badly of him. He knows I know just about everything he has done to my Princes. I love him and I am Jesus with skin on even when I don't see him. He is going to be in my life forever and I have a choice to speak life into him or death. I choose life. I choose wisely.

If I speak death then I am just carrying the match to set the forest on fire.

Today I choose to give life!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment