Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is impossible?

My devotion this morning took me to Luke 18. I have read these stories many times and we have all heard them many times. The passage below seems to tag on what I wrote Sunday. It is almost like He is driving a point home. It feels like if I just let some people go and give them to the Lord. There is a reward if I just let go. It also means to pick up your cross and to follow Him. Just follow Him and let Him take care of it. Oswald's devo this morning touched on verse 17 the short version means if there is something in your life that you feel would be ridiculous to ask the Lord, then that is the very thing you need to be asking about!


 

Luke 18:27-30
He replied, "What is impossible for people is possible with God." Peter said, "We've left our homes to follow you." "Yes," Jesus replied, "and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or wife or brothers or parents or children, for the sake of the Kingdom of God,
will be repaid many times over in this life, and will have eternal life in the world to come." NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment