Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Jeremiah 17:9

Jeremiah 17:8
"For he will be like a tree planted by the water, that extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; But its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit.NASB95

Jeremiah 17:9-10
"The heart is hopelessly dark and deceitful, a puzzle that no one can figure out. But I, God, search the heart and examine the mind. I get to the heart of the human. I get to the root of things. I treat them as they really are, not as they pretend to be." The Message

This morning I went from Idols in Isaiah 44 and 45 to Jeremiah 17 midstream. What I mean is during the middle of reading chpt 45 I hear read Jeremiah 17 :9 One thing I realized after reading both of these chapters is this, it is very hard to have your roots deeply planted by the stream and have an idol in your heart at the same time. It is very hard to have good tasting fruit in your life if you have idols. So my question would be ……… several questions actually

  1. Can your family eat your fruit or is your fruit poison to your family and friends
  2. Is your fruit poison to your family but edible to your friends?
  3. Are you letting the Lord search your heart? Or have you closed that door?
  4. Has the heat been turned up in your life/heart and your leaves are wilting?
  5. Do you know all of the right things to say but not living by what you say?
  6. Last but not least, do you have an IDOL?

Peace today and my comments are only to stir not condemn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment