Saturday, April 9, 2011

Can you hear Him?

So now that I have had confession with my wife and I am off the crutches, my walk with the Lord seems to be on the rise again. I am not sure I like that … I mean I hate the thought that my walk with the Lord depends on my attitude instead of spending time with Him to help me with my attitude. So…. I am reading this morning in Mark and before I read I always pray and ask for something I can write about. As you can see I don't write every day. My devotion this morning was out of Oswald and I thought it was the 7th so that is what I read … this is a quote "Say nothing until the Son of man is risen in you—until the life of the risen Christ so dominates you that you understand what the historic Christ taught. When you get to the right state on the inside, the word which Jesus has spoken is so plain that you are amazed you did not see it before. You could not understand it before; you were not in the place in disposition where it could be borne. This explains a lot of things, have you ever noticed when you make yourself read the word a lot of times you don't get anything? It is a common thing. So the big question or one of the questions this morning is this; Are you being dominated by the Risen Lord or is something else dominating you? So here is the second part verse 49 out of Mark says
…………………………………….."Take courage, stand up! He is calling for you."NASB95. Are you in the frame of mind to hear Him when He is calling you?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment