Friday, March 11, 2011

Roman’s and Ephesians

Romans 6:23 (NIV) 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life In Christ Jesus our Lord. I am driving down the road yesterday with a good friend of mine and we are having good conversation. Out of the blue I dropped an f bomb …… just one. I was floored and embarrassed. I don't talk that way. I have heard the phrase "out of the mouth the heart speaks" Yeah……. That tasted real good. I have found myself lately dropping a few S!&* bombs in casual conversation with other believers …. Men I respect. Of course I would never curse in front of someone who didn't know me. (I wouldn't want to damage my witness would I?) Even in my men's group we will have some curse words fly around casually. Really makes me wonder about the other sin in my life. I would never say the Lord's name in vain, but in a way isn't that what we are doing when we curse? Are we thinking ……. Oh that curse word was just a little sin. What does the word say? 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 john 1.8 NKJ
How many times did you sin yesterday? Better yet ….. how many times have you sinned today before you read this devo? Did you curse yesterday? Did you think bad things about the person who cut you off or the person who wouldn't let you in? Were you prideful? Were you judgmental? This is just a small list of what I did yesterday that I didn't confess and get prayed over to be healed. I am sure if I asked the Holy Spirit I would have more revealed to me. Here is the good news. Ephesians 2 4-6 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment