Sunday, March 6, 2011

Count it all joy

So with the Spirit's work: if it were not on many occasions surrounded with tempestuous waters, we should not know that it was true and strong; if the winds did not blow upon it, we should not know how firm and secure it was. The master works of God are those men who stand in the midst of difficulties, steadfast, unmovable, -- Spurgeon it has been an interesting ride …. A sort of test you might say, James says to count it all joy…. He does not say count part of it all joy!

He who would glorify his God must set his account upon meeting with many trials. No man can be illustrious before the Lord unless his conflicts are many. If then, yours be a much tried path, rejoice in it, because you will the better show forth the all sufficient grace of God. As for his failing you, never dream of it--hate the thought. The God, who has been sufficient until now, should be trusted to the end. Spurgeon This is what spoke to me Friday. This the first time I had read in this devo in over a year just nailed me.

"Lovest thou Me?" Then - "Feed My sheep." There is no choice of service, only absolute loyalty to Our Lord's commission; loyalty to what you discern when you are in closest contact with God. Oswald Chambers This is what spoke to me Saturday. As I think about this statement it has dawned on me that He has been speaking ….. I have chosen not to listen or told myself that it was me. I know better than that. I know the Lord's voice …… His whisper. You have to stop for a moment and just listen. I would be lying if I said, I haven't had a "whoa as me attitude. " It is getting better though. Could it be a good thing that I broke my leg? That is a tough one. Could it be a good thing that you lost your job? Or can't find work? Only time will tell. Time to make a choice

James 1:2-4 (NKJV)2 My brethren, bcount it all joy cwhen you fall into various trials, 3
dknowing that the testing of your faith produces 1patience. 4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be 2perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment