Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Matthew 26.40

Just a little something the LORD showed me back in 2009. I came across it this morning as I was reading, so I thought I would share it with you.
Matthew 26.40 Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep. He said to Peter, "Couldn't you watch with me even one hour? 41 Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!"[1]
Here is what I got from the above passage.  Jesus says (Kevin's paraphrase) You are one of the disciples in the Garden  (Think about this for a moment.  The God of the universe is in the Garden Praying….. he is sweating blood …. it is so intense … picture it in your mind the scene from the passion of the Christ)  (remember he has already told them once too watch and pray)  He walks over to the disciples and says what are you doing?  I told you to watch and pray so you would not fall into temptation.  Why are you sleeping?   The disciples are in the Garden with the God of the universe.  He is telling them to watch and pray.  He is saying …. "Keep your eyes on me and Pray   He is saying   "WATCH ME"  " Focus on Me!!!!!   nothing else.  I AM   ….. I AM   …….. The God of the universe.  I am going to die for YOU and you are sleeping?   You are putting something else before me?   So what is the temptation here?   the temptation was sleep. (some might call it Idolatry)   Something other than the God of the universe became more important and it was sleep.  the God of the universe goes back to pray more and they fall asleep again.  Were they even tired?  they were tempted to fall asleep when they should have been watching Jesus and praying and instead they fell.

So… Are you focused on Jesus Today?  Or are you focused on something else other than The GOD of the Universe

Well … this is my take.  Add or take away.

No comments:

Post a Comment