Monday, December 13, 2010

Guard your heart

I heard someone say once that worry is fear with teeth, that has always stuck in my mind. Do you ever wonder if you worry hard enough that you might actually change the outcome of some circumstance in your life? A circumstance that most likely you have absolutely no control over. Maybe you are going to have surgery …… like me on the 23rd. Don't think for a minute that I have not worried about the outcome of this routine surgery. As I get closer to the date I find nervousness and I hear the thoughts. What if something goes wrong? What if I die? Things happen you know. Guess what I WILL BE A SLEEP! Can't do a thing. I can get prayed up. I can take that the thought captive; I know I am not in control. Philippians 4:6-7
Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. The Msg.
So here is what I know, I have a choice …. I can take that thought as a warning shot across the bow of my ship and take aim and shoot back with a folly of prayer or I can worry about something I have no control over. Give it to Him because He has giving us a promise
Philippians 4:7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.NKJV

When man makes you a promise and he breaks that promise or tries to break his promise, this is what you hear "but you promised!" We hold Man accountable and man will fail. Our Lord does not fail and his promises hold true, after all, He is wise, He is willing, and He is able.
Matthew 6:33-34 Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.The Message

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment