Thursday, March 25, 2010

Conviction and rebellion

Psalm 39:1 (NASB95)
1 ………………………………………………………."I will guard my ways That I may not sin with my tongue; I will guard my mouth as with a muzzle While the wicked are in my presence."


While reading this morning about the tongue I felt of conviction about the words that come out of my mouth. Like saying the word Sh#$ is cool or something. The scripture above talks about guarding my mouth around the wicked, but what about around the Godly? Where we may occasionally might drop the S bomb or maybe even the F bomb. Lately I have heard men who I deeply respect curse like it is no big deal and I don't get it. Almost like it is okay. We have to walk in a higher standard. Especially around each other.

Last night I was tired my wife was gone and nobody was home and I had an especially hard day. I made mistakes that cost me almost $500.00 on my remodel job. It was the perfect recipe for looking and acting out. I chose not to call any one and I chose VICTORY!

It was about choice. The truth is ………. If you choose to sin and you know exactly what you are doing. I believe that is called Rebellion. I don't think I like that.

1 Samuel 15:23 (NKJV)
23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, And stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He also has rejected you from being king.
"


 

Be blessed and walk it out

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment