Wednesday, May 16, 2018

I judged God


James 4:12 there's only one lawgiver and judge, the one who's able to save and destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor.    (or God) 

In my case who am I to judge God?

A few months ago, I was asked to speak at Leads luncheon.   It's a great opportunity to speak about my profession and faith to contractors, re modelers and swap business cards and stuff.

I spent about 3 days praying and seeking what I was going to say, I  was very excited!  I had a couple of friends invite me to this event not knowing that I was the speaker. I said Absolutely I'll be there.  I was fixing to tell them that I was speaking, and I heard Holy Spirit say, 

“why do you need to tell him that?” 

 I chose to keep my mouth shut. My natural bent was to think that Holy Spirit was telling me to keep my mouth shut because I was going to make it about me.  (This is something I have to constantly remind myself of It is not about me and it is not about them, but it is about Him.   I must be on guard about needing or wanting affirmation from man.

A few days later I got a phone call from the event organizer saying that she had made a mistake and that she had already booked another speaker and was asking me if it was okay if I spoke at a different one?

I said, absolutely that would be okay when I asked her who was speaking?  she said it was Mark and Mark is the one who invited me to the Luncheon.  
   
Now it all made sense because if I had said yes I will be there  and I'm speaking it would have been very awkward and a comfortable for both of us and put the event organizer in and awkward position.

The point I'm trying to drive home here is that I judged God and His motive for saying.

 " why do you need to tell him that?"

 I just assumed I knew why and there's the keyword “why” because the moment I decided why I made an assignment to what God was doing/saying. Instead of just trusting Him.

Instead of just saying okay no problem ………just say “YES” no questions asked.

I am sure If the Lord told me to not go in that room it is full of poisonous snakes ..... I don't think I would have asked why.

No comments:

Post a Comment