Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Sin is crouching


I woke this morning to the words "yes"   I don't always wake to the word "yes"  but today I did Whatever you have me do Lord.

 I know I'm supposed to be alert and pay attention to my surroundings but I don't always do that. 

Matthew 26:41 Watch and Pray lest you enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

I am in the middle of prep for Quest 161.
And it's going well. I'm really trying to focus on him and not myself. My devotion today said they're many things that will draw my attention away from him.  I take that as a warning to really be on the alert.  Where is sin? Crouching outside your door.  I really hate that thought but I know it's true.

Gen 4:7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is contrary to you, but you must rule over it.”

Shame, judgment, abandonment, fear , pride, rejection  and unforgiveness these are all crouching outside our doors.

I have to remind myself when these things try to get on me.   I take those thoughts captive and I have to see myself the way God sees me.

If I'm being honest here I can say that seeing myself the way God sees me isn't an everyday occurrence it's a work in progress


No comments:

Post a Comment