Sunday, January 28, 2018

The Shack

Isaiah 60:2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.

This morning before my quiet time I wanted to look up an actress that played Holy Spirit in the movie The Shack.  (We watched it again last night) When I copied and pasted her name in Google search this morning this scripture from Isaiah came up. I guess it was still on the clipboard. Or not :-)   Considering, that part of the movie was about the evil that's in our world I found it interesting that this scripture came up instead. Obviously, I had copied it the other day and it was still on the clipboard (I think). Nevertheless, the timing was impeccable.  Sometimes it's the subtle things that I need to be reminded about.

Numbers 6:24-26 (NLT)
24 ‘May the Lord bless you
    and protect you.
25 May the Lord smile on you
    and be gracious to you.
26 May the Lord show you his favor
    and give you his peace.’


That movie was about numbers 6:24 - 26

How many times can you relate to what Mac Phillips was going through in that movie. The Pain, the Heartbreak, the unforgiveness, the hatred and the big ones........... wanting vengeance, blaming God and of course blaming yourself for something that you had no control over.


Things happen. Things are said, and you know it's in His love.  You look up in the night sky. And see the Crescent Moon and you know God is smiling at you.

There is a scene in the movie where Mac is out in the middle of the lake in the boat and it starts to sink. Jesus comes to him walking on the water.  Mac hesitates and then chooses to trust Jesus enough to get out of the boat and walk on the water with him back to shore.  So much joy!

Later in the movie after Mac receives his healing he's walking with Jesus on land towards the lake. He is so excited he decides to run on the water and he leaves Jesus on the shore and of course, Mac is not able to walk on water because he left Jesus behind.   Jesus says we should do things together.

I have to wonder how many times in my own life am I afraid to get out of the boat because I'm going to sink, or I run ahead of Jesus and do it my own way and therefore I sink again.
Jesus tells Mac to look at me. Mac look at me ..... look at me.


No comments:

Post a Comment