Friday, January 19, 2018

Eyes on the Prize

Isaiah 60:2 for Behold The Darkness shall cover the Earth, and deep Darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you.

When I read this scripture this morning it gave me hope. What I mean by that is you look at the world and you see all the crap going on. The fake news, the haters the total disdain for Christians. I need to focus on Rising above all this crap and what I've learned is it I can't do it on my own. In other words I need to set my mind on things from above.  At the same time it is so easy to get caught up in all the stuff that's going on around you

Col. 3:2 Becoming affectionately acquainted with throne room thoughts will keep you from being distracted again by the earthly (soul-ruled) realm. (“Set your minds upon the things that are above and not upon the things below!” RSV. Also note Romans 1:18, where the word katecho is used - to echo downwards is the opposite to anoche, to echo upwards - Romans 2:4 and Romans 3:26. Also 2 Corinthians 4:18 “We are not keeping any score of what seems so obvious to the senses in the natural realm, it is fleeting and irrelevant. It is the unseen, eternal realm within us which has our full attention and captivates our gaze!” A renewed mind conquers the space previously occupied by worthless pursuits and habits.)

 My prayer today is no matter what happens or what I hear that I keep my eyes focused on the prize

 Phi. 3:14 I have the prize of mankind’s redeemed innocence in full view; just like a champion athlete in the public games I refuse to be distracted by anything else. God has 1invited us in Christ, to lift up our eyes and realize our identity in him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment