Monday, November 3, 2014

Will I surrender?

2:20 Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that Gal 2.20 msg

Has that breaking of my independence come? All the rest is religious fraud. The one point to decide is— will I give up? Will I surrender to Jesus Christ, placing no conditions whatsoever as to how the brokenness will come? I must be broken from my own understanding of myself. When I reach that point, immediately the reality of the supernatural identification with Jesus Christ takes place. And the witness of the Spirit of God is unmistakable— “I have been crucified with Christ….”  Oswald chambers

If I refuse to walk in the light as He is in the light, I am the loser.”  Bill Bright, “Circumstances do not contribute to our misery. It’s our lack of understanding of who God is and his wonderful, holy purpose for us that frustrates so many.” He adds, “To surrender yourself totally, irrevocably, without reservation to the living Christ is the greatest privilege man can know.

So I am reading this morning in Matthew chpt 5 about anger and the next thing I know I am back to the topic of dying to myself again!  I read Oswald for the first time since April and he is all about Gal 2:20   I am listening to a song that keeps saying   “leave it all behind and come to the well.”  I click a link on my favorite’s bar that takes me to a blog about surrender and Gal 2:20 By Bill Bright and my last two blogs have been about dying to myself and sin cannot find any expression in a corpse.  Thank you Lord for your continued persistence.  It is easy to believe the obvious but there is something deeper that I am not seeing yet. 

God help me to love you more than myself and your glory more than my life.

So what does dying to yourself look like and are you doing it?

7 comments:

  1. Good stuff brother….die to I….

    Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kee, this is awesome stuff. Thanks for sending brother

    Brigham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dying to yourself.....
    I don't do it very Well.
    All those places in my life where Jesus highlights in my day. (Because I ask Him to! )
    That feeling of anxiousness or pressure where you know He is bringing you to something that you again get to make that choice... to you die or not die.
    Do you trust Him to walk off that cliff or do you do what you always do?
    Can I do what He did?
    It's not even the enemy you battle some days... it's just yourself.
    I am glad He doesn't give up on me. I am glad He sees me for who I am and not how I see me.
    "I live to die another day!" I think I am going to make that my New motto! Ha ha!

    Kevin D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kee,

    Very good!! Powerful!! Thank you!! I'm in the same battle with you!! I've been praying for Christ to help me die to myself too and for me to get out of His way so He can work.

    Also, as I was scrolling down on my phone I might have hit the unsubscribe link on accident. I don't want to unsubscribe. Please keep these coming!!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Galatians 2:20..... its not about me because its all about him & yes I try hard to.
    Gustavo Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks man, I needed to hear this. Struggling with a guy that told me multiple per meditated lyes. Really want to rip him up but I know that's not what Jesus would do. Think he would just dust his sandals off. Not about me.

    Doug S

    ReplyDelete
  7. just this morning I was checking my emails and I received one from one of my neighbors who has been less than hospitable about a remodel project I've been heading up on our condo community at the lake, ( when I say less then hospitable I mean, close to Hitler like with a foul mouth I would love to shove a bar of down it till he choked and died) But that is not very Christ like! So Kee, when I'm faced with the options: do I beat'em with base ball bat or speak blessing over him and his family. Human nature says he pissed me off , how dare him to talk to me that way! WHO DOES HE THINK HE IS!!! Then the Spirit that lives in me says: and reminds me how cunning the enemy is and he will use any means necessary to lure me in and gain the upper hand, the Spirit reminds me to capture those thoughts and lay them on the cross, that anger is not of God. He shows me the wounds in the mans heart that causes the pain that he can't contain it lasses out at everyone he meets, his state of brokenness has created a wall of hate that blocks out the light. So my anger turns to tears and my heart weeps for this man and I find myself praying for him with all that I was created to be. We all are faced with choices. I CHOOSE GOD because the old me just doesn't work with my new heart.

    Randy T

    ReplyDelete