Friday, April 4, 2014

Running the race


Two in a row after nothing for over a month …..hmmm.  I am driving around yesterday   when this scripture pops in my mind.  Galatians 5:7 You were running a good race. Who cut in on you to keep you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you.   What I heard was …. You were running hard what changed?  So I looked it up.  I have been going through the motions.  You know just praying a little, going to men’s group.  Just doing the best I can ……. Knowing in my heart I was not doing what I am passionate about,   which is the Lord.  So I asked when did this start?  I hear “when you put your dog down last December.”   That just broke my heart.   The truth is I miss my dog.  The part where I got deceived was when the death occurred.   I was taken out of my daily routine and I didn’t realize it until yesterday.  It showed me that I was relying on something else to help me in my walk with the Lord.   That sounds funny but don’t know how to make it sound right … go figure.  When the one thing I was depending on was gone I didn’t run to Him.  I grieved but maybe without his help,  I don’t remember.   I am starting to see a pattern where I run to myself instead of the one who leads and that has to stop… today.

So if you are going through something and you are not sure ……. but feel like you are distant from the Lord.  You felt like you were running the race so well and then something just changed.   Look to your past.  We all know there is no future in the past, but there very well could be some freedom.


Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment