Saturday, September 14, 2013

Judgment and surrender


When you surrender your opinion it will give you the opportunity to see things in another way.  I am not speaking for everyone but a lot of us will hold on to our point of view.  I think we could call that pride, don’t you think.  We want to be RIGHT!  We have invested a lot emotionally and repenting means admitting that we were wrong.  Quote:  We say we want to see the truth, but we are not willing to suffer the risk of being wrong.  Now we have an irreconcilable difference.  At this point, a revelation from God will have no effect on us.    (I love this part)  A revelation from God is not necessarily Him showing us something new, a revelation is simply what we see when we are flexible enough to change our mental/ emotional position about an issue and look at it from a different point of view.  God doesn’t show us something He previously kept hidden; we see something He wanted to show us all along.   

Matthew 5:8
blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.  NKJV    Keep your heart pure from Judgment and you will see the Lord……. That is an awesome thing

 
Let go of your predetermined ideas and you may see a lot of hurtful events differently. 

Remember, this is only how I see it, I must see it from another position to overcome this offense

Example:  Yesterday I had an appointment at 2:30.   I got to the street at 2:15 to be early.  I could not find the house with two GPS’s this street was four miles long.  I drove up and down this street several times and could not find the house.  I was getting very mad.  I had no phone number only email...  to make a long story short.  45 minutes I wasted.   She emailed me after I emailed her.  I was on my way back to FTW.  I was mad.  She gave me the wrong address.  During our phone conversation I told I could not find 721 Lantana.  She said we don’t live on lantana.  I was stunned.  I said you sent me the address in the email.  She said I did send you the address but it was 721 Browning.  I wrote down the wrong address.  IT WAS ALL MY FAULT.  I had to totally admit that it was all my mistake.  I was wound up tighter than Dick’s hat band.  So in essence the moment I surrendered I saw it in a different way.  All the PAIN I caused myself went away.

I had also judged her big time in another way.  It took her 30 minutes to call me from my first email.  In my mind I am thinking “what the crap is going on with this lady” well when I got there, I found out that she had been consumed with her 3 year old special needs child.  That is why she did not respond immediately to me second email.  Can you say passing judgment again?

Kevin

 

No comments:

Post a Comment