Saturday, February 23, 2013

Wild at Heart

So I am reading in Chpt 7 of "Wild at Heart". There is an author by the name of Neil Anderson. He says, "Don't wait to forgive until you feel like forgiving; you will never get there, feelings take time to heal once the choice has been made to forgive."

You have to get to the point of acknowledging the hurt, seeing that what has happened mattered. Then we choose to extend forgiveness to that person. Forgiveness says "it was wrong, it mattered, and I release it to you.

Matthew 18:21-22

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.

I know I have been touching on forgiveness a lot and it maybe bothering some of you. If it does then ask Holy Spirit why?

I have to ask myself the same question.

Walk in your healing today!

1 comment:

  1. Kevin u r in the heart of one of the key issues in marriage. I see so many couples where one has been injured, sometimes repeatedly, and a bitterness an resentment is allowed an from that place a lifestyle develops. Change in the offending spouse seldom is recognized as grounds to forgive an the offense clouds an obscures everything else. Forgiveness has to b offered even if repentance is not there or u will live in the bitterness of failures. Much more to consider but we must live wth spirit of forgiving

    Blessings. Nathan

    ReplyDelete