Friday, December 14, 2012

Are you troubled?

Jesus, the Way to the Father

John 14:1 "Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. NLT It is always a shock when I read this very powerful scripture. I have it memorized, but it is almost like my mind has been erased when I come to it in my reading. It seem like every time I come across it I need to be reminded of what I need to be doing. That is getting out of my own way.

I have to believe that when you walk in John 14:1 then Philippians 4:7 Happens to you. 7 And God's peace [shall be yours, that * tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall * garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. AMP

I also believe walking in verse 7 leads to verse 11 and 12

4:11 Not that I am implying that I was in any personal want, for I have learned how to be * content (satisfied to the point where I am not disturbed or disquieted) in whatever state I am. 12 I know how to be abased and live humbly in straitened circumstances, and I know also how to enjoy plenty and live in abundance. I have learned in any and all circumstances the secret of facing every situation, whether well-fed or going hungry, having a sufficiency and enough to spare or going without and being in want. AMP

So I have questions?

Are you troubled? Do you have peace?
Are you content or do you compare?

I say stop right now and ask Holy Spirit


 

If nothing changes then nothing changes.

Kevin

4:13 I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who * infuses inner strength into me; I am * self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

No comments:

Post a Comment