Saturday, August 25, 2012

Read James lately?

As I am reading in James this morning in chapter 1, I get to James 1:9 Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. I have usually done fairly well in this area until last Tuesday. I came home to find that my house had been broken into and many of my personal belongings were gone. This is not the first time I had been ripped off. So it was very hard to take. I have to tell you there was no slow to speak and quick listen, I was pissed! I was angry! I stayed angry for two and half days. I hoped that they would come back so I could put them in the hospital. Not very Christ like behavior. My wife on the other hand was slow to speak quick to listen and did not get angry. She looked at me and said it's just stuff. Now as the dust of this experience has settled I feel in my heart that I am walking with forgiveness to the people who broke into my house. Understand that to forgive them doesn't mean what they did was okay it just means I have chosen to not let that situation control me anymore. I wonder how I would react if they knocked on my door and brought my stuff back? Would I still turn them in or would I be Jesus with skin on. I would hope that I would be Jesus with skin on. So this is what the Lord has shown me for today.


 


 

If nothing changes

Then nothing changes

No comments:

Post a Comment