Saturday, March 10, 2012

I failed

I failed yesterday; I let my flesh get the best of me. It just goes to show that even though I walk with Jesus … That I spread His word. That I do my best to live a life worthy of the call. I will fall. It is not a matter of why, but only a matter of when. I am driving yesterday having a great conversation about Jesus with a friend. I look in my mirror and this person is tailgating me so close I can't even see his headlights. I am speeding 10 mph over the limit myself. So when I can finally get over, the person fly's by and gives me the finger. What do I do? Well, I did not do 1st Timothy 2:1 I flipped him back off myself, Why, because I judged him and he pissed me off. How dare that person tailgate me! So this morning I am reading. I read all of 2 Timothy, but it was 1st Timothy that nailed me. I actually thought about praying for that person. Lord, cause them to have a wreck so they will slow down. Character is what you do when no one is around. It weighed on me for a couple of hours. That is not who I am, I really hate it when the old man comes out of me. It is not pretty. It happens though, it happens to all of us.

I did pray for that person later on and I did pray for protection. That person I became for that couple minutes is as far from whom I want to be as I can get. Lord thank you for reminding me that I am just a man and not perfect.

The stick was laid down yesterday…. Very quickly.

1 Timothy 2:1
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them..NLT

1 Timothy 2:1
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know..The Message

4 comments:

  1. Good job, Kee! Seems that repentance is ALWAYS in season (as long as we're breathing)!
    Love you, sir!
    David Butterbaugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would not have prayed for him if you hadnt flipped the dude off. So now he is blessed. Great story
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN BROTHER!!! Love how you keep it real! You bless me with ever message…I just want to make sure you know that! Nothing Hidden…You are awesome!!

    SEMPER ARMATUS,

    Sir Michael J Kiselak (The Secure)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard a pastor say one time "thank goodness we can't lose our salvation behind the wheel of a car or we would all be going to Hell" ....you are not alone on that one, which doesn't give us a free pass, just a pass that's Free...thank you brother for once again reminding us it's ok to be human...

    John Thompson

    ReplyDelete