Thursday, February 9, 2012

The little dog pt. 3

Could this be the rest of the story? Since I have written on 6/26/2011 part 1, 12 18, 2012 part 2, a lot has changed in that time with MY dog Penny. She is my dog now. We are keeping her and she is not going with Rebekah. She travels with me she lays on the couch with me. She barks at people she does not know. She is almost completely normal. She has her moments, but I am very careful on how I react, I don't! Here is what I see…. I have changed …. ME …. Not the dog …. ME. So many times we want the other person to change instead of looking at ourselves. Why won't God change my wife or husband? Why should I have to change? Why would God change the dog so I could stay the same. Me trying to make that dog change or making her conform to my ways obviously was not working. So now I chose all my battles. I changed my tone, I changed my body language, I changed the way I looked at her and I changed the way I talked to her. The biggest thing was I loved her in spite of her. (Sound familiar?) I loved her into a relationship with me. At one point I wanted to boot this dog into the next county. It was my actions and tone that were causing her to do what she did, I made her worse ….. ... yet I wanted her to change. The proof is in the dog! In my Logos bible software I did a word search for the word "Tone" below is what I got. Very interesting what they say in the amplified version.


Now that I have changed, the dog has changed.

Bless you today. Question, is there someone in your life that you feel they need to change? Maybe it is you.

James 5:16
Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working].AMP

Jeremiah 15:19
Therefore thus says the Lord [to Jeremiah]: If you return [and give up this mistaken tone of distrust and despair], then I will give you again a settled place of quiet and safety, and you will be My minister; and if you separate the precious from the vile [cleansing your own heart from unworthy and unwarranted suspicions concerning God's faithfulness], you shall be My mouthpiece. [But do not yield to them.] Let them return to you—not you to [the people].AMP

1 comment:

  1. Hey, great blog!!! Keep up the good work!!! You have an open invitation to follow my blog anytime!! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete